The aim of the society is to support the research and application of toxicological knowledge with the goal of protecting humans, animals, and the environment.
Goals of the Swiss Society of Toxicology
- Promotion of research and use of toxicological expertise with the aim of health protection of humans and animals as well as the environment.
- Promotion of education and training in the field of toxicology.
- Exchange of experience and ideas.
- Representation of professional matters of toxicologists active in Switzerland.
- Collaborate with toxicological and related societies around the world.
The registry consists of highly qualified professionals with high responsibility standards. It also allows their European registration.
Goals of the Swiss Registry of Toxicology
- Seize professionals with qualitatively high training degree and responsibility.
- Consider the variety of the basic training.
- Enable an European-wide acknowledgment.
- Complement and not compete against profession-specific training (physician, veterinarians, pharmacists).
- Protect the profession of the toxicologists on one hand and acquaint it with a broad public on the other hand.
The SST Annual Meeting will be held once again in Basel at the Radisson Blue Hotel.
The workshop is designed to support students, PhDs and postdocs of natural sciences in advancing on their career path.
We will have our General Assembly 2021 following the first day of the SST Annual Meeting.