The aim of the society is to support the research and application of toxicological knowledge with the goal of protecting humans, animals, and the environment.
Goals of the Swiss Society of Toxicology
- Promotion of research and use of toxicological expertise with the aim of health protection of humans and animals as well as the environment.
- Promotion of education and training in the field of toxicology.
- Exchange of experience and ideas.
- Representation of professional matters of toxicologists active in Switzerland.
- Collaborate with toxicological and related societies around the world.
The registry consists of highly qualified professionals with high responsibility standards. It also allows their European registration.
Goals of the Swiss Registry of Toxicology
- Seize professionals with qualitatively high training degree and responsibility.
- Consider the variety of the basic training.
- Enable an European-wide acknowledgment.
- Complement and not compete against profession-specific training (physician, veterinarians, pharmacists).
- Protect the profession of the toxicologists on one hand and acquaint it with a broad public on the other hand.
The Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting and ToxExpo will be held in San Diego, California.
the XVIth International Congress of Toxicology jointly organized with IUTOX and EUROTOX will be held in Maastricht.